Our mission is to build superb gaming experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable. Making great games requires strong teams, good leadership and the best environment to create, we’re building a world class development team and would like to speak with anyone that shares our vision.
FS03 / Closing Date for Applications Dec 1st 2017
We’re looking for an experienced and dedicated artist to lead a team in creating our first AAA console title.
Roles & Duties
- Reporting to the Game Director and coordinate with studio leads on art objectives.
- Lead the art team in producing art assets and elements for the game.
- Manage the pipeline from brief through concept art, production and development.
- Identify and recruit for art roles in unison with studio budgets and objectives.
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, tools, workflows and their related documentation.
- Provide training and coaching for artists in various tools and processes.
- Facilitate communication between art, design, code and production.
Skills & Expertise
- Excellent working knowledge of game art creation both 3D and 2D
- Able to create or commission art concepts and style guides for team to follow
- Proficient in either 3dsMax or Maya, other packages an advantage.
- Ability in the practical application of lighting theory and material shading in games.
- An awareness of the differences between mobile and console development and how best to achieve good results on both.
- Ability to innovate within the development team.
- Strong modelling, animation, or texturing skills.
- Traditional art skills.
- Ability to critique and provide constructive feedback.
- Able to work with a team across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Able to sympathetically identify potential problems and create practical solutions.
- Understand other departments needs and requirements suggest improvements, etc….
AGENCIES NOTE: We are currently not accepting applications from agencies for this role. Only direct applications will be engaged with.