Our mission is to build superb gaming experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable. Making great games requires strong teams, good leadership and the best environment to create, we’re building a world class development team and would like to speak with anyone that shares our vision.
FS02 / Closing Date for Applications Dec 1st 2017
We’re looking for an experienced and innovative programmer to lead a team in creating our first AAA console title. You will be a credited Lead Programmer on at least 2 game projects and ideally one of these would have been for a console.
Roles & Duties
- Report to the Game Director and coordinate with studio leads on code objectives.
- Lead the programming team responsible for creating all code for the game(s)
- Identify and recruit for code roles in unison with studio budgets and objectives.
- Help to develop any custom tools or rendering methods for products.
- Work closely with game team(s) to prototype game elements.
- Provide training & coaching for coders in various tools and processes.
- Facilitate communication between code, art, design and production.
Skills & Expertise
- C++, C# or other range of coding experience to a professional standard.
- Experienced in setting up a project codebase with knowledge of industry best practice.
- Experienced in managing data repositories, data streams and multiple branches to best practice.
- A good understanding of current games art production techniques.
- An awareness of the differences between mobile and console development and how best to achieve good results on both.
- A minimum of 2 years working as a Lead Programmer in the games industry.
- Ability to critique and provide constructive feedback.
- Able to work with a team across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Able to sympathetically identify potential problems and create practical solutions.
- Understand other departments needs and requirements suggest improvements, etc.
AGENCIES NOTE: We are currently not accepting applications from agencies for this role. Only direct applications will be engaged with.